send us a message
Founder:
Zaporizhzhya Regional State Administration,
Department of Culture, Tourism, Nationalities and Religions
Zaporozhye Regional Tourist Information Centre

Zaporizhzhya Regional History Museum

Zaporizhzhya Regional History Museum was founded in 1921 became the first Director of JP Novitsky. After the death of its founder museum gradually decline, moving from place to place.

In 1930 there was a museum of history Dneprostroy, which in 1939 received the status of the regional local lore. During the war museum exhibits severely affected. In pre-war collection survived only two guns of the XVIII century.

After the liberation of  Zaporizhzhya in 1944 from Nazi occupation, Regional Museum resumed its work, but under the roof of Melitopol Museum of Local History. As a regional center museum returned only in 1948

In 1991, the exposition opened in a former city council (1915), which is to this day.

At various times in modern museum building work JP Novitsky, L. Brezhnev, on the balcony of city council with a speech performed N. Makhno.

Nature of Zaporozhye region

Department of Nature Museum introduces visitors to the nature of Zaporizhia region and everyone can find a picturesque corner, which appeals to his moods and tastes.

The territory is located in the steppe zone. 200 years ago a virgin expanse of violent drought mixtures and varied fauna. This was the formation of black.

Modern Zaporizhzhya step - a space transformed labor rights. The remains of the original virgin steppe found only in protected areas.

Forests in the artificial. Their area of ​​over 105,000 square hectares. There remains floodland and ravine forests. Planting forests piece dates from 1846 the year of their appearance there and new species of birds and animals. Some settled themselves, and some method of relocation was brought to the area: elk, wild boar, roe deer, raccoon dogs, pheasants.

South of our region is washed by the Azov Sea. The warm climate, plenty of sunshine, mud, and the presence of mineral waters on the coast, allow a great rest and treatment.

In the sea live more than 100 species and subspecies of fish. In kosah and islands and lives found in spans many rare birds.

Permanent exhibition "The geological history of Zaporizhzhya region" is a consistent overview of the history of the crust and wildlife by eramy and periods, deposits are found in the region. The greatest attention is drawn to the remains, which indicate the existence of any sort in the past.

Ancient history

In Zaporozhye regional museum of archeology in four halls, which highlights the history of the land from ancient times - more than 140 thousand years ago to the 15th century. BC demonstrated more than 4300 exhibits. The earliest tools were made of flint and bone in the era of the early Stone Age. Much later - in the Neolithic appears on the first pottery. Ancient people liked to paint their bodies and clothing of natural colors, using flowers and other materials. Often such acts and things were magical subtext, playing the role of protective talismans. To have preserved products made from river shells and teeth of a deer, which were used as decorations.

In this epoch - bronze, along with skilled products of bone and flint: molotochkopodibnymy pins, carpenters, knives and arrowheads, from `are drilling and polished axes made of hard wood stone. Some of these artifacts are examples of fine art of old masters. At the same time emerging bronzolyvarne production, which reached its peak at the end of the era.

One of the brightest pages in the history of the region entered Iranian tribes of the Scythians and Sarmatians. Both nations have made a significant contribution to the art world through the invention of the so-called "animal" and polychrome styles. They are often covered with pictures of animals weapons and armor. The most favored images that were used in torevtytsi deer, griffins and other predatory animals and birds.

Due to volume, that on the Crimean peninsula have appeared Greek colony in Scythian environment gets chornolakova beautiful pottery and amphorae and objects of worship other people. Greek artists were often the authors of famous products of gold and silver are found in a Scythian royal tombs.

The first millennium AD affected the so-called Great Migration. From the east in the northern steppes of Black I moved the first Turkic tribes of Huns, and the north-west - Slavic and Germanic tribes. At the end of the millennium new wave of nomads: pechenehiv, Torquay, enemies of minyly their predecessors. All these people have left its mark in the history of our region.

Zaporozhye region during XV - XVIII centuries

During the XV - XVIII centuries most of the Zaporizhzhya region occupied by nomadic nohaytsiv, isolated groups which roamed in our region since the XIII century. The main source of livelihood nohaytsiv were seminomadic cattle. Nohaytsi bred horses, cattle, sheep and camels. In small amounts involved and agriculture. They sow millet and barley. By faith nohaytsi were Muslims. At the same time began the process of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks.

Cossacks - a team name Cossacks in Ukraine and in the borderland states since the end of XV century. The word "Cossack" in writing first taken in the "initial history of the Mongols" (1240) within the meaning of man alone, not connected with any home or with family. The first record of the Ukrainian Cossacks belonging to the end of XV century. Exceptionally important military-strategic and economic importance of economic and Great Meadow had Zaporozhian. In 1555 the island of Little Khortytsya Dmitry Vishnevetsky brought a powerful reinforcement, hence carried out a number of successful campaigns against the Ottoman Empire and Crimean Khanate. Khortytskyi castle was the direct predecessor of the Zaporozhian Sich.

Escape population of Zaporozhye increased after the conclusion of the Union of Lublin in 1569, which resulted in union of Poland and Lithuania into one state - the Commonwealth. Belonging to the Cossack state Cossack participation in wars or their stay in the civil service testified nominal list - registry, which was also the instrument by which they paid a fee. The first known mention of the Cossack register dates from 1568 Registered Cossacks were granted and jewelry.

Zaporozhian Cossacks conducted sea raids against the most powerful Ottoman fleet in the Black Sea. ZaporizhzhyaJanuary at his own expense built and equipped with boats and ships. The basis of successful action Cossack fleet was thoroughly tested tactics - maneuver, speed and surprise attack. Marine marches were held to release the slaves, the destruction of enemy forces and capturing trophies.

In the middle of XVII century. Ukrainian people, led by Bohdan Khmelnytsky started a war against national and social oppression. The most important role in the liberation war of Ukrainian people. played by the Cossacks. According Zboriv agreement in 1649 the Polish government first recognized the autonomy of the Cossack Ukraine in three provinces - Kiev, Bratslav, and Chernihiv. In the liberated territories formed the Ukrainian national state - the Hetman.

Zaporozhye - the name of land owned by the Cossacks. In 1734 - 1775 рр. Cossacks occupied a vast territory with an area of ​​about 80,555 square meters. Characteristics of the Cossacks were lying within modern Dnipropetrovsk, in part - Zaporizhia, Kherson, Kirovograd, Mykolayiv, Odesa and Donetsk regions. The territory of Zaporozhye at that time divided into Palanca, which initially was 5 and later 8: Buhohardivska, Protovchanska, Oril's'ke, Kodatska, Ingulsk, Prohnoyinska, Samara, and Kalmiuska. Zaporizhzhya Sich years of the new shape rapidly becoming the state.

Cossacks was created original type of entity - explorers, who surprisingly well meet the natural features of South Ukraine. The Journal Lyasota who was on the Host in 1598, zymivchany mentioned already as well and was well known community. Explorers were the basis of economic activity in Zaporozhye and existed until 1804

Cossacks took part in the Russian - Turkish war of 1736 - 1739 'Russia has sought to exit the Black Sea, to help her in this and had Cossacks. First trip to the Crimea took place in October 1735 During New Host Russian troops practiced construction subsidiary of fortifications - retranshement on Zaporozhian lands. This stronghold was built in 1736 - '39 on the island. Khortitsa. Construction of fortifications explained the need to protect Cossacks of Tartar and Turkish invasions, but the main purpose was to "smotrenye svoenravnыmy by Cossacks." Cossacks took part in sea and river expeditions. Requires the same for Navy, by order of command, was built in based on the island. Small Khortytsya ship, moreover, built ships and Kantserivskomu island and Malashevskyh islands. Total on April 14, 1739 at Khortitsa military base stood 410 river ships and boats.

Since the late 1730's, in the Russian Empire established internal and external conditions eliminate Liberties Zaporozhian Host In 1775 the Russian army conducted military operation as a result of which was destroyed in January and new Zaporizhzhya Sich ceased to exist.

In the XVII - XIX centuries. became the most popular folk painting "Kozak Mamay." In Ukraine, a large widely icon "Holy Virgin," in which the idea of ​​heavenly intercession entered value of the national idea. Among the Cossacks were many talented musicians, singers and dancers.

Land in the late XVIII - early XIX century.

The exhibition hall begins with the events of the last quarter of the XVIII century. It was a time when the earth of our land in the documents is often called "empty" because lived here very few people. In the Azov steppes roamed nohaytsi and along the river banks of the Dnieper, competitiveness, horses, rubbed, Moskovka based their explorers Cossacks. In Crimea regularly conducted violent raids on the territory of modern Ukraine, which was part of the Russian Empire. Russia while seeking for the Black Sea to secure the most convenient connections with the Mediterranean and Western Europe. These problems were resolved and during the wars with Turkey, which took place in 1768 - 1774, 1787 - 1791 years. As a result, Crimea, Black Sea and Azov were annexed to Russia. Began the process of colonization of these lands. So it is with this subject begins the exposition, where the weapons of the time, portraits of prominent figures. In military operations within the Russian army participated and cossacks. Their courage and military skill presents a unique document in 1791 "certificate of Black Sea Cossack Lalyma." Next - Medal "Cahul" in 1770, the Russian-Moldovan coin that karbuvalasya with Turkish trophy guns.

The settlement of our country is closely connected with the construction of New Dneprovskoy fortified line that began zakladennyam 15 (28) August 1770 Oleksandrivska fortress that gave rise to our city. On the up cards of the XVIII century with the seven castles - Alexander, Mykytynska, Grigoryevskaya, Cyril, Alexeyev, Zaharivska and Peters. Home - About the Dnieper, the latter - on the coast of the Azov Sea. The remains of these castles are now in Zaporizhzhya region. Photo of one of them - Mykytynska - represented in the exhibition. Along with fortresses created settlement of retired soldiers.

Even during the struggle for the Crimea, by order of Catherine II, AN Suvorov made a withdrawal from there of Greek Christians, some of them settled in our territory. On Greeks living near the Crimean Tatars demonstrate their household belongings.

The exhibition provided materials that focus on World War II in 1812 - 1813 weapons, medals, war participant and by the occupation of Paris in 1814, a cross, which awarded priests. Landowner Berdyansk County was the hero of the War of 1812 V. Orlov, who was here the estate inherited from his grandfather - father, mother - general of cavalry FP Denisov. In 1799, at the behest of Paul and Denisov received land on the coast of the Azov Sea. And then, at the king's permission, gave the title of count and possession of grandson, who received a double name - Orlov-Denisov. In memory of victory in the War of 1812 the new owner built in the village. Obitochnomu church, which has been preserved and is now considered a landmark.

As a result of the colonization of land is created not only multinational but bahatokonfesionalne population. At the end of XVIII century. on p. Znamenka Elisavetgrad county was moved Belozerka Old Believers, who founded the village of Great and Little Znamianka, Water. The exhibition, along with religious things is unique manuscript book "Dictionary", which are not only texts but also music for singing.

The bright colors attract attention Dukhobors clothing - orthodox wing sectarians who moved from Russia to the sparsely populated land on the river of milk. The decree said that ix oselyly here "dabы not afford to spread eresy in tsentralnыh hubernyyah." Dukhobors took sheep here, so many things made of homespun wool. While they were in our territory has an interesting history - it hostyuvannya Tsar Alexander I, who went to the Crimea, and release them for the first time from taxes and military service. Then Dukhobors denied all privileges. In villages where farming was conducted initially on communist principles, that all was common, began bundles, and consequently there was a misunderstanding. Dukhobors asked to renounce their faith and go to the orthodoxy, or move to the Caucasus. Some left the area and kept the faith. But some stayed. These are the lists presented in the exhibition.

Wanting to create the South sector of the European level, Catherine II invited all interested citizens of Europe to move here under these conditions. First agreed to it Mennonites - Protestant sectarians, frieze and Flemings, whose ancestors because of religious persecution at home in Holland in the XVI century. migrated to Prussia. In 1789, feeling the lack of land and with the promise of the Russian government to settle them in the Lower Dnieper near Beryslavlya, they arrived on the Dnieper River to Fr. Khortitsa. They are offered here to stay, arguing that the promised earlier places are in the zone of hostilities. They were forced to stay here and founded many settlements. At the beginning of XIX century .. came all the new groups of Mennonites and they began to settle on the river of milk. It was created and Khortytskyi Molochansk Mennonite districts. Germans received on 65 acres of land per family, had freedom of religion, were exempted from military service and military posts, received funds for relocation and housing equipment and others. Many interesting things to learn by Mennonites during excursions. In the exposition of their expected child a cradle, horizontal spinning wheel, clock made in the colony Khortytsya Mennonite church books, cast iron waffle-iron baking traditional Mennonite dishes.

Among the foreign settlers were Germans from Württemberg, Bavaria, Pryreynskyh land. By faith they are Lutherans, Catholics. The archives kept their passports, copies of which are given in the exposition. This traditional German musical instruments - zither, ceramic beer mugs, cutlery.

Exhibition Hall "Nestor Makhno and his time"

Nestor Ivanovich Makhno, as a military leader, played an unconventional role in the history of Southern Ukraine. His insurgent army while nahanyala horror at the German-Austrian invaders, armed detachments of the Directory, Denikin, vranhelivtsiv and repeated its allies - the Red Army.

The exhibition hall "Nestor Makhno and his time" Zaporizhzhya regional museum is the most comprehensive collection of documents and photographs devoted to this legendary person. Among Photo Documents submitted as prints shyrokovidomi where N.Mahno among members of the "Union of the poor farmers" (1906), commander of the 1st Infantry Division Zadniprovska PY Dybenko, with daughter Sarah in Paris, and little-known photographs, which show Mahno chieftains and ordinary soldiers of the rebel army.

Documents must be the most fully reveal the nature and content of the events of the Civil War and of N. Makhno. Among the most interesting visitors can see the entry in the register book for the 1888 birth of Nestor Makhno, the indictment in the case of farmers Zuychenko N., N. Makhno (1909), leaves from the diary of Galina Kuzmenko, wife of Nestor, who fell into the hands of Red in battle in 1920

It should be said of printed materials during the Civil War. Numerous leaflets and newspapers ("The Voice of Labor", "path of freedom k", "Volnыy Berdyansk", "Selyanskaya true" and others) perfectly convey the mood and desire warring parties.

Exposure complementary samples of weapons and clothing of that time. Valuable exhibit is the seal of field staff Novomykolaivsky guerrilla squad (1918).

The real glory of the hall were Nestor Ivanovich Makhno bust and Tachanka, reflected in Makhno during their raid on the Khortytsya.

Zaporozhye region during the Second World War

The three halls of the museum exhibition is located on one of the most tragic pages of history - war era. First visitor absorbed in the atmosphere of the late 30s - a time of preparation for the Great War. In the stands mounted photographs zaporizhtsiv involved in sports and paramilitary competitions, students in health courses, organized protest against the policies of capitalist countries. The following signs and lottery friends promote aviation and chemical building. Covers of the first fighting in Spain and the Far East.

June 1941 dramatically changed the life of the country. Already in August, battles were fought in our region. Plant initially transferred on a war footing, and then faced the problem of their dismantling and evacuation of the eastern districts. Despite the courage and heroism of Soviet soldiers, the Red Army retreated. In early October, Zaporozhye region has been invaded by the enemy. These tragic events are highlighted by displaying photographs and personal effects of those events.

Just over two years was occupied area. It is dedicated to a separate room. The story goes on the organization of agriculture and life under the occupation. Is the exclusive instrument of punitive organs of that time granted the SBU archive. Several exhibits tell about life in Nazi concentration camps. Private booths covering the underground struggle against the then regime.

Great Hall on the liberation from Nazi invaders. Visitor learns about the progress of Zaporozhye and Melitopol offensive operations, the crossing of the Dnieper. Here you can see uniforms commanders of various ranks, samples of small arms, and various awards. Numerous photographs tell of hard camp and destruction that war brought. The Last Stand talk about the campaign in Europe. Finally visitor meets zzaporizhtsyamy who participated in the Far Eastern battles. This logically concludes the history of the Great War

Excursions

Visit themed tours of the museum exhibition:

Zaporozhye region in the past

Our land in I - II century AD

Our land in XIV - XVIII centuries. Daily Cossacks

Zaporozhye region in late XVIII - early XIX century. Settling the land

Nestor Makhno and his time

Dnipro - 75 years

Ethnographic treasures Zaporozhye

Zaporozhye region before and during World War II

The geological history of Zaporizhzhya region

The nature of our region

Shows

In addition, the museum and stationary exhibitions:

The geological history of the land

Nature - our house

Children's treasures Kiev

Furniture Alexander nineteenth - early twentieth century.

Dnipro - 75 years

Nestor Makhno and his time

Mass measures

The museum may be the mass of scientific and educational activities:

Days and weeks of the museum and museum lessons

Themed evenings and events to commemorative and memorial dates of history

Knowledge and City Tour in the museum

Lectures

We offer you a series of lectures on the history and nature of the land:

A red book land

Medicinal plants

Paleontological record of land

Minerals edge

Physical and geographic characteristics of Zaporozhye region

Man and nature

Archaeological sites in Zaporizhzhya region

Skews in the region

Nomadic tribes VI - XIV century.

Burial ritual of ancient peoples

History of Zaporozhian Cossacks

City Alexandrovsk in the second half of XIX - early XX century.

The history of land settlement

Land during World War II

The latest in the first five years


Contacts

Address: 69063, Zaporozhye, ul. Chekistov, 29 (stop transport "Theatre. Magara")

Phone: (061) 764-39-12, 764-34-76

Open daily except Sunday and Monday from 9.00 to 18.00 (ticket sales stop one hour before closing the museum)