send us a message
Founder:
Zaporizhzhya Regional State Administration,
Department of Culture, Tourism, Nationalities and Religions
Zaporozhye Regional Tourist Information Centre

The big Zaporozhye

The big Zaporozhye - is an architectural complex that grew on the banks of the Dnieper in the 30s of the twentieth century. Once in 1920 it was decided to build in Zaporozhye Dneproges with a complex of ferrous and nonferrous metallurgy, the city expected population boom. In 1929, lack of housing has become catastrophic. During 1930 - 1931, the number of population of 92 thousand people rose to 200 thousand

Thus in 1929 began construction of three villages, two of which planned to place on the right bank, and the other - on the left, the entrance to the dam of the Dnieper. Left Bank area called "the sixth village," or "Sotsmista." His plan involved building a quarter of homes with only one bedroom apartment, the other - the houses of three room apartment on the third - only houses, communes, the fourth - houses, dormitories, etc. This answer was planning a new urban planning principles - separating residential areas from the public. The author of many capital buildings became known Moscow architect V. Vesnin.

In 1932 the project was approved by the building of the big Zaporozhye. It provided for the construction of seven areas on both banks of the Dnieper and was designed for 30 years. During his 50 - 70% of the expected pay for green space, and only 15 - 20% at home. Factories and residential areas was to separate 1 - 6 kilometer Green Zone. The project, awarded at international exhibitions in Paris and New York in 1938 and in 1939, managed to implement only partially. Prevented war.

Alexander Square. Photo by M. Mordvin.

After the liberation of Zaporozhye in 1943, almost a third of its housing stock was lost. The famous Sotsmisto were in ruins. Were completely destroyed Dneproges, and industrial enterprises. Residents of expected years of grueling work to rebuild.

In 1947, designed by architects of Kharkiv group led by G. Vehmanom started restoring old houses and building new Sotsmista. During the restoration works architects tried to homes that look they had before the war. In some cases, old buildings increased the number of floors, add artistic elements in the design of facades. Roofs of new homes are decorating towers with spiers, and their facades with pilasters, arches, gilded ornamentation. All these changes in the architectural style of the new Zaporozhye were to symbolize the victory of the Soviet Union over fascism.

Impressive architectural ensemble of one of the main streets of Europe - Lenina (length 10.8 km). The combination of post-war architecture with the old, in modernizing the 1950's, has created an exquisite symbiosis that immediately attracts attention. Interesting is not only the face of buildings, that is, their facades, but also internal courtyards. They are a small cozy gardens with benches and fountains. And if not now all fountains are, at the shops, you can always rest from street noise and fuss.

G. Vehmana architectural masterpiece, located on Lenin Avenue, a house concert hall named. M. Glinka (Lenin, 183), built in 1953 hall for 784 seats, was equipped with the latest equipment. At the time of his speakers was considered one of the best in Europe. Today the area before the Philharmonic decorates the magnificent monuments of Hlyntsi.

Certainly interesting is the building of the 3rd hospital (p Metallurgy, 9), decorated with red tufom Armenian. In 30-ies of its rooms located clinic, pharmacy and dispensary Sotsmista. In the yard by hiding the original hospital building, its shape resembles the letter "s". A similar home is only in Marseilles.

Concert hall named after MI Glinka. Photo by M. Mordvin.

Near the square. April 12 Lenin Avenue crosses the railroad tracks on a small bridge, built in the 50s of the XX century. On both sides of its columns decorated with lanterns, which crowned moldings in the form of ears of wheat.

Not far from City Hall to Lenin in 1965 was built Alley of Fame as a tribute to the memory of the command and personnel of military units that liberated Zaporozhye in October 1943 on the main ceiling duly entered feat A. Eremenko. On the opposite side of the avenue in 1996 was a memorial built to honor soldiers who died in Afghanistan and local soldiers.

Zaporozhye young people like to spend evenings on Shevchenko Boulevard, stretching from City Hall to the harbor and the central beach on the Dnieper. Bright illumination of buildings, a large variety of fountains always create a festive atmosphere here. When the clock love guys appointed date girls, and the fountain of "Two Hearts" traditionally photographed newlyweds. Boulevard before ending on a small lake on the waterfront, overlooking the dizzying views of the Dnipro, Khortytsia cities and Transfiguration.

At the intersection of the boulevard and street. Victory in 1974 was established as a symbol of courage plane soldiers airmen, and boronyvshyh vyzvolyavshyh city.

St. Andrew's descent is a peculiar area of ​​Mayakovsky. Every day on her hot lap on court tourists and townspeople their works represent artists Zaporozhye. In the center area of ​​your forearm in the sun poblyskuye great Fountain of Life, surrounded by symbolic stones, sculptures.

Great musical fountain crowned the greatest center of Zaporizhzhya Square - Square. Festival.

Fountains of Zaporozhye

Fountain Sq. Festyvalnoy

In the city of Zaporozhye are 26 fountains.

Balansoutrymuvach: municipal communal enterprise "Titan." The most interesting are:

Fountain Square Festival

Built in 1980 on the occasion of the Olympic Games in Moscow, one of the first light - musical fountains in the former USSR. The draft is based thesis students of the Yerevan State University.

Rebuilt in 1995. Traditionally, open to every summer, is an indispensable element of urban mass performances and festivals.

Fountain Sq. Poles

Fountain Square Alexander Polyak

Twin synchronized fountains opened at the initiative of city head in 2003.

In November fountains covered domes with backlight, and every spring rozkonservovuyutsya.

At the intersection of Lenin Street and. April 12 fountains supplemented the architectural elements of the small forms that creates a unique single coherent architectural composition Sotsmista area.


Clock vlyublennыh. Shevchenko boulevard

Watch lovers

Watch lovers on Shevchenko Boulevard, which opened in 2003 at the initiative of city head A. Polyak, is the architectural composition that includes their own musical clock and fountain. With a certain periodicity musical clockwork play a tune from the movie "Spring on Zarechnaya Street," which was shot in the city of Zaporizhia with factory workers "Zaporizhstal". With the clock runs down under the water, symbolizing the passage of time.

Next in the pool located granite composition coupled hearts, symbolizing loving hearts in love, cascade fountains DSS and two alpine.

Cascade fontanov Rainbow

Cascade Fountain "Rainbow"

Entered into force on the Quay line in 1974, in 2006, renovated. The peculiarity is that the cascade has a few bowls and a closed cycle: water flows into the lake, which is 4 more fountains. Cascade has neon lights and lights at the top of the drops.

"Fountain of Life"

Built on Mayakovsky Square in 1968, reconstruction - in 2005. Dedicated to the participants of liquidation and the victims of Chernobyl.

At its core is a large spherical stone slab weighing 4 tons, which turns under the water. Every year the opening of the fountain is to commemorate the victims of Chernobyl.

Fountain Square Zhyzni. Mayakovsky

Care fountains

Every year before the entry into force of fountains made cleaning filters, pumps, control jets, lights. During operation in the summer is daily cleaning pools, feeding and washing with water. Since November is canned for the winter and fountains nakryvannya their domes illuminated in order to safeguard against acts of vandalism.

The new part of Zaporizhia surprise guests and exquisite cultural program. Always happy guests Art Museum (St. 40 years of Soviet Urayiny, 76 b), a private museum of the history of arms (Lenin, 189) with one of the largest collections in Ukraine. Interesting exhibitions organized by Union of Artists (Central blvd, 3) and Photographers (Lenin, 159).

Evening to a welcome Philharmonic (Lenin, 183), circus (street Recordnaya, 41), as well as numerous theaters named. Mayakovsky (Lenin, 167), named. Dovzhenko (Lenin, 145), "Baida" (Lenin, 162).

Landscape Park "Voznesenivskyy"

The first stage landscape park "Voznesenivskyy" spread out on the same slope on the Quay line Zaporozhye total area of ​​4.55 hectares taken into operation in January 2005.

Work on the landscaping and planting was done at the expense of the regional budget Capital Construction Administration. The park in style landscape was planted birch, pine, lime, maple, willow, flowering bushes. It was also done design flower beds with perennial flowers, chrysanthemums, daisies, etc. korionsisiv.

Today the park is on the balance of utilities Ordzhonikidzevskogo district administration.